WHY I DO THIS
Hey, I’m Tony Ragoonanan and I am a Learning and Development Professional who believes that the key to organizational success is to align strategy with structure, talent and behaviour.
My catalyst for immersing myself in this exciting field came about because I observed the extent to which an organization’s internal environment affected employee behaviour and performance. Over the years, being exposed to leaders who got the best out of their team and those who didn’t, helped me to identify the factors that account for this. These experiences also enabled me to gain clarity on where organizations should focus if they want effective leaders, employee engagement, productivity, collaboration, and overall performance.
The word “CLARITY” has always resonated with me and I wanted to find a way to help organizations to get this right so that they could increase their adaptability to their external environment not only to achieve objectives but to differentiate themselves in the marketplace.
My MISSION is to develop the Performance Management processes and frameworks that will align an organization’s culture with their objectives and strategic direction. It is also about building my own capability to match international standards of performance management and the changing needs of people so that they can access the tools to develop skills, collaborate and drive for results within the organizations they represent.
I felt that this would help me to achieve my VISION of being the solution that organizations seek to drive the performance of their people.
Clarity of Purpose – Passion – Client-Focused – Attention to Detail – Trustworthiness
As the Founder of V-Formation, Performance Management and Training is my passion and for the last 15 years, I have been providing organizations with the training, performance management frameworks, and mentoring that align behaviours and goals, create the RIGHT organizational culture, and drive performance.
I have also lectured in the International Master of Strategic Marketing at the Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business and have facilitated in-person and virtual executive education courses (Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, Sales and Presentation Skills) at The University of the West Indies (UWI) using detailed analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation (The ADDIE model) of training programs.
With vast experience working in the sales environment for both local and international organizations, I have had formal training in Selling Skills by ERC Consultants (Florida, USA 2002) and Leadership by Licensed Coaching Clinic Facilitator, Edwin Martinez (Puerto Rico, 2010).
I have experience on the front line, as a pharmaceutical representative, as well as a Business Manager and Salesforce Effectiveness Trainer for Abbott laboratories (a global company with over US$43 billion in sales annually) working from both Trinidad and Tobago & The Dominican Republic. As a District Manager for Abbott Nutrition International, I received awards for Sales Team of the Year in 2007 and 2009 as well as Manager of the Year 2009.
This, combined with my learning and development experience has exposed me to major distribution companies, health care professionals, hospitals, schools as well as manufacturing and service companies in the Caribbean region where I gained first-hand experience in learning how companies run their business, develop their people and maintain their corporate culture and reputation.
Today, as a leading regional Learning and Development Professional, my focus in on 3 main elements:
- To bring creativity, credibility, and enjoyment to learning experiences, using real-world examples and stories to support people in meeting their specific learning goals.
- To continue to partner with several companies in the Caribbean working with all aspects of the Performance Management process which includes Planning, Monitoring, Developing, and Rating/Rewarding.
- To ensure that all of the above is in alignment with strategic objectives.
I am a Certified Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner and hold an Instructional Design Certificate from The Association For Talent Development (ATD), a Train the Trainer Certificate from The School of Business and Computer Sciences, an MBA from Andrew’s University, Michigan, USA and a Bachelor of Sciences (BSc.) from the University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
My experience as a trainer/consultant includes:
- The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (NGC)
- International Project Initiatives Limited (IPI)
- Process Management Ltd
- Bryden Pi Ltd
- Hand Arnold Trinidad Ltd
- Eye See You Ophthalmic & Medical Supplies Ltd
- AMCHAM T&T
- OTC Dental
- The Power Generation Company of Trinidad and Tobago
- Venture Credit Union
- AA Laquis Ltd
- Massy Energy Fabric Maintenance (MEFM)
- Anthony P. Scott Ltd
- KIND – Kids In Need of Direction
- Ango International
- Plant Solutions Ltd
- Arawak & Company Limited
- Oceanfreight Trinidad Ltd
- Arthur Lok Jack School of Business
- Caribbean Communication Network (CCN)
- Southern Maintenance Services Company
- U-The Caribbean Health Digest
- Qualitech Machining Services
- Tender Heart Veterinary Clinic
- University of the Southern Caribbean
- Financial Advisory Services Ltd
…..and many more
- The University of Trinidad and Tobago (UTT)
- Institute of Critical Thinking (UWI)
- Holy Name Convent
- Naparima Girls High School
- The University of The West Indies
- St Augustine Girls High School
- Southwest Regional Corporation
- Trinidad and Tobago Police Service
- Atlantic LNG Company of Trinidad and Tobago
- Roche Diabetes Care
- Score Valves Trinidad and Tobago Ltd
- Phoenix Gas Processors Ltd
- Servier Caribbean Ltd
- Abbott Nutrition International
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- EOG Resources Trinidad Limited
- Baxter International
- Pan-American Life
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals