Having great communication skills can make the difference for any individual in building relationships with anyone. Whether you are a part of a large or small organization, effective communication is essential for your success.
The act of communicating involves verbal, nonverbal, and paraverbal components. The verbal component refers to the content of our message‚ the choice and arrangement of our words. The nonverbal component refers to the message we send through our body language. The paraverbal component refers to how we say what we say – the tone, pacing and volume of our voices.
In order to communicate effectively, we must use all three components to do two things:
1. Send clear, concise messages.
2. Hear and correctly understand messages someone is sending to us.
During this highly interactive 2- day program, participants will develop knowledge and skills that will enable them to communicate more effectively in any aspect of their lives.
Areas of focus
- Why communication matters
- Building rapport and trust
- Communication styles and how to adapt to them
- Perception and its elements
- The laws of influence
- Active listening
- The power of questioning
- Handling Difficult People and situations
- Building assertiveness