Maximizing your use of time
We can never really manage time. Time is constant. What people really mean when they say “time management” is the process of controlling our life through the use of time
What we really need to do is manage ourselves. When we manage ourselves properly, we determine what we value in our personal and professional lives, and we direct our efforts accordingly.
When we master our use of time, we learn to balance the many pressures on our time and still achieve our goals. This helps us to avoid burnout and stress, and allows us to be more effective. Keep in mind that maximizing our use of time is a personal process: only you can judge whether you are using your time wisely.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- What is time?
- Determining the priorities that will keep you effective
- The time maximization model
- Horizontal and vertical management
- Your “Activation Energy”
- Dealing with your limiting factors
- Managing interruptions for greater productivity
- Mistakes that you can avoid
- How we make decisions
- The problem solving model
- Creating habits and rituals
- Communicating with those around us